TL 9000 Certification & Training
TL 9000 was created by QUEST Forum to meet the quality requirements of the worldwide telecommunications industry. TL 9000 defines quality management system requirements for the design, development, production, delivery, installation and maintenance of telecom products and services while also providing a measurement system that allows companies to track performance and improve results.
With its telecommunications focus, TL 9000 Certification eliminates the need for multiple telecom quality management standards, reduces costs of doing business and ultimately results in better products and services to consumers. What’s more, it provides the consistent set of quality expectations needed to drive efficiency and performance across the global telecommunications supply chain.
The TL 9000 Quality Management System requires an organization to engage in continual improvement of products, services or processes. TL 9000 is both a quality management and measurement system comprised of two parts.
TL 9000 – includes four supplemental areas:
- Reliability and associated costs
- Software development and management
- Requirements for specialized service functions such as installation and engineering
- Requirements to address communications between telecom service providers and suppliers.
STEPS TO CERTIFICATION
Achieve the Standard.
Get TL 9000 Certification today.
ISO TL 9000 Certification - Benefits
Registration to TL 9000 has proven beneficial to both service providers and suppliers. Testimonials and case studies from member companies cite improvements such as a 20% savings in cost of quality; a 40% improvement in on-time deliveries; an 80% reduction in procurement cycle time and 25% reduction in first-year return rates.
- TL 9000 certification, along with independent audits, allows companies to save time and money by complying with only one quality standard. Customers save the cost of on-site inspections.
- TL 9000 R5.0 certified organizations have access to performance data for benchmarking that can help them achieve further product and service improvement. This shows a commitment to quality and business excellence.
- Certification decreases costs of product life cycle management, audits, supplier management expenses and general operations.
- TL 9000 Certification results in improvements to performance (manufacturing and service), productivity, reliability of processes and production, life-cycle management, supply chain efficiencies, employee teamwork, efficiency of external audits and site visits, operational consistency and quantifies performance results.
- Provides access to a greater customer base.
- Enhances the competitive position of certified organizations.
- Improves customer service and overall satisfaction.
- Establishes a method to gather and measure quality and performance data.
- Demonstrates a commitment to product quality and customer value (focus on cycle-time reductions; on-time deliveries; return rates; reliability; defect elimination).
- Demonstrates the company’s accountability and focus on continuous improvement.
- Enables the development of stronger customer/supplier relationships.
The TL 9000 Requirements Handbook establishes and details hardware, software and services quality system requirements and provides a consistent set of parameters specific to the global telecom industry.