OHSAS 18001 Certification
The OHSAS 18001:2007 standard specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system that allows organizations to control OH&S risks and improve performance. It does not state specific OH&S performance criteria, nor does it give detailed specifications for the design of a management system.
OHSAS 18001 Certification, Standards & Training
Control risk and improve performance with OHSAS 18001 certification from QSR
There have been a number of significant changes to the document since the first edition was published in 1999. The changes reflect the widespread use and experience of the standard in more than 80 countries and by approximately 16,000 certified organizations, according to drafters.
There is now a much greater emphasis on “health” rather than just “safety,” and significantly improved alignment with the ISO 14001:2004 standard on environmental management systems to promote the concept of integrated management systems.
To begin the process of getting the OHSAS 18001 Certification please click here.
Why Get OHSAS 18001 Certification?
- Improve Performance
- Increase Customer Satisfaction
- Manage for Sustained Success
- Reduce Costly Errors
- Drive Sales & Profitability
Pre-assessment is an optional service that is offered for companies that wish to get the highest possible understanding of their readiness prior to undergoing a certification assessment.
The certification audit has two parts stage 1 and stage 2. The objective of these two audits is the confirm your companies Quality Management System adheres to all the ISO Requirements.
Surveillance audits are required to be conducted annually. However we also offer surveillance audits semi-annual depending on the company/organization needs.
4Certificate of Registration
Upon acceptance by the Certification Committee, QSR issues a Certificate of Registration that is valid for 3 years and enters the newly certified organization into QSR’s List of Registered Firms.
Achieve the standard. Get OHSAS 18001 Certification today.
Requirements for OHSAS 18001 Certification:
Key changes in the 2007 edition include:
- The importance of “health” has been emphasized.
- OHSAS 18001:2007 is now referred to as a standard rather than simply a specification, or document, as in the earlier edition. This reflects the increasing adoption of OHSAS 18001:2007 as the basis for national standards on occupational health and safety management systems.
- The “Plan-Do-Check-Act” model diagram is only presented in its entirety in the Introduction. The previous edition had also presented it in sectional diagrams at the start of each major clause.
- Reference publications in Clause 2 have been limited to purely international documents.
- New definitions have been added and existing definitions revised.
- Significant improvement in alignment with ISO 14001:2004 has been made throughout the standard; as well as improved compatibility with ISO 9001:2000.
- A new requirement has been introduced for the consideration of the hierarchy of controls as part of OH&S planning.
- Management of change is now addressed more explicitly.
- A new clause on the “Evaluation of compliance” has been introduced, consistent with ISO 14001:2004.
- New requirements have been introduced for participation and consultation.
- New requirements have been introduced for the investigation of incidents.
Get started today – Control risk and improve performance.
All of the management system standards that we work with can help you achieve your risk management goals if implemented and audited in the proper spirit. Talk to friendly business development group to find out which ISO standards provide the best fit with your risk management program.
Certify Your Management Systems with the First US Accredited Registrar.
Discover how OHSAS 18001 Certification can enhance your business, and the best way for you to obtain this highly regarded Management System certification.
QSR is here to help throughout the entire implementation of your Occupational Health & Safety Management System and simplify the process.
Obtaining OHSAS 18001 Certification gives your companies’ management system recognition around the world, QSR is here to streamline certification.
Maintaining the ISO certification, continuous improvement, and increased performance are easily acheived With our superior customer support at QSR.