ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System
An increasing focus of organizations across the globe, environmental sustainability has become a central issue that most businesses must address. Is your organization committed to managing its environmental footprint? Show your commitment with ISO 14001:2015 Certification.
What is ISO 14001 – Environmental Management?
Certification to ISO 14001:2015 tells the world that you are committed to developing and implementing an environmental policy and objectives that take into account legal and other requirements as well as your significant environmental aspects. With environmental managements systems now found throughout the world, ISO 14001 certification applies to any business or organization — regardless of type, size or product.
Why Get ISO 14001 Certification?
- Improve Performance
- Increase Customer Satisfaction
- Manage for Sustained Success
- Reduce Costly Errors
- Drive Sales & Profitability
STEPS TO ISO CERTIFICATION
Achieve the Standard.
Get ISO 14001:2015 Certified today.
ISO 14001 Standards & Requirements
With a formalized sustainability management system you’ll be in position to turn your sustainability vision into real results. As an ISO 14001:2015 certificate holder you would be expected to:
- Define an environmental policy appropriate to the nature, scale, and environmental impacts of your activities, products, and services.
- Identify the environmental aspects of activities, products, and services that you can control and/or influence and determine those that can have a significant environmental impact (including those related to suppliers / contractors).
- Have procedures in place to identify applicable environmental legislation and other relevant requirements, determine how these apply to your environmental aspects and keep this information up to date.
- Implement effective controls to meet your commitment to comply with applicable legal and other requirements.
- Define environmental objectives and targets that are measurable, where practicable, taking into account legal requirements and significant environmental aspects with programs in place to achieve these objectives and targets.
- Ensure that people working for or on behalf of your organization are aware of the requirements of the environmental management system and that they are competent to perform tasks that have the potential to cause significant environmental impacts.
- Implement procedures for communicating internally, as well as responding to and communicating (as necessary) with interested external parties.
- Ensure that those operations associated with significant environmental aspects are carried out under specified conditions and monitor and control the key characteristics of operations that can have a significant environmental impact.
- Establish and (where practicable) test procedures to address and respond to emergencies that can have an effect on the environment.
- Periodically evaluate compliance with applicable legal and other requirements.
- Prevent nonconformities with procedures in place to correct any nonconformities that occur.
- Implement effective internal audit and management review procedures.
Get started today – Achieve your sustainability goals.
At QSR® All of the management system standards that we work with can help you achieve your sustainability goals if implemented and audited in the proper spirit. Talk to QSR’s business development group today to find out which ISO standards provide the best fit with your sustainability program.